(PresidentialHill.com)- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a Democratic congresswoman from New York and environmentalist, spoke out about the contentious gas stove discussion on Thursday.
“I do think it’s funny the absolute, utter Republican meltdown where they’re like, ‘you can take my gas stove from my cold dead hands,’ or, ‘how dare you talk about gas stoves, you have a gas stove.’”
This was in response to Matt Walsh, who remarked, “You will have to pry my gas stove from my cold dead hands.”
In a recent Instagram story, Ocasio-Cortez justified using gas stoves.
She said defensively, “First of all, I rent, period. Second of all, it doesn’t even matter. Because, by that logic, these are the same people who would have said we should have never gotten rid of leaded gasoline just because someone may have driven a gasoline car.”
Then Ocasio got deep. “Science evolves and gives us new knowledge with time,” she added.
The congresswoman also explained the “science” supporting her public criticism of gas stoves.
She stated that some of the science surrounding the emissions from gas stoves is alarming, particularly concerning young children’s cognitive development, asthma, cancer, and other conditions.
It is a claim that has dominated the mainstream media, but there doesn’t seem to be much concrete evidence to support it. A Consumer Product Safety Commission spokesman told Fox News Digital that there is “a considerable body of work” on the alleged risk associated with gas stoves, but she declined to provide any references.
“This is a decision about what may be sold and regulations in the far future. Okay? So everyone just takes the temperature down a little bit,” completely unaware of the pun she made.
Ocasio-Cortez warned Republicans, “No secret government agency is going to break down your door and take your gas stove away.”
After a picture of her in front of a personal gas stove became viral online, she received harsh criticism from scientists, physicians, actresses, and her fellow members of Congress on Twitter, some implying that using a gas stove has caused her brain damage.
We can all learn so much from the former bartender.