(PresidentialHill.com)- The saga between Twitter and Elon Musk continues to twist and turn, with seemingly major news coming out every other day about the proposed takeover deal.
Over the weekend, Musk, the CEO of Tesla and SpaceX, said that Twitter’s lawyers have accused him of violating a nondisclosure agreement that he signed with them. Musk is working to acquire the social media platform in a $44 billion deal that he’s trying to get finalized.
On Saturday, Musk took to the platform to let all his followers know:
“Twitter legal just called to complain that I violated their NDA by revealing the bot check sample size is 100.”
That message apparently was in reference to one he sent just last Friday. He was referencing how Twitter was planning to calculate how many fake or spam accounts they have on their platform.
The tweet that apparently got Musk in trouble read:
“Twitter deal temporarily on hold pending details supporting calculation that spam/fake accounts do indeed represent less than 5% of users … My team will do a random sample of 100 followers of @twitter.”
This represents just another chapter in the saga between Twitter and Musk, even since he announced that he was planning to take over the company. That deal was apparently finalized earlier in May, but the full deal could take a few months to complete.
Two things standing in the way of a deal is the fact that shareholders must accept Musk’s proposal to purchase their shares at a price of $54.20, and the Federal Trade Commission is conducting a probe into the sale.
Even though nothing is finalized yet, Musk has been making some big headlines along the way. One thing that has grabbed people’s attention is the fact that he said he would allow former President Donald Trump to re-join the platform. In speaking on that topic, Musk said:
“I do think it was not correct to ban Donald Trump. I think that was a mistake. It alienated a large part of the country and did not ultimately result in Donald Trump not having a voice.”
Musk has also garnered attention for publicly criticizing high-ranking Twitter officials and revealing plans to take the platform private and make it a haven for free speech.
Not everyone at the company is excited about Musk’s looming takeover, including Kayvon Beykpour, the general manager of consumer product for Twitter. Just recently, he announced he would be leaving the company. He tweeted last week:
“Interrupting my paternity leave to share some final @twitter-related news: I’m leaving the company after over 7 years. The truth is that this isn’t how and when I imagined leaving Twitter, and this wasn’t my decision. [Twitter CEO] Parag [Agrawal] asked me to leave after letting me know that he wants to take the team in a different direction.”
Beykpour isn’t the only high-ranking member who’s leaving the company. Twitter’s general manager for revenue, Bruce Falck, last week announced he’d be departing as well.